Thank you for your interest in NIMAA! You'll find all the information you need to complete your application on this page. If you ever have any questions you can always contact our team directly.
Applications are now closed for the Fall 2021 Cohort. Check back soon for information about Spring 2022 deadlines.
NIMAA is an online program that also requires students to complete 240 hours of clinical experience at one of the many externship organizations that work with us. Students applying for the program must be located near one of our approved externship partners. We are excited to work with the following healthcare organizations to support the externship experience:
Fall 2021 Cohort:
- Centura Health
- Esperanza Health Centers
- Mountain Family Health Centers
- River Valley Family Health
- Salud Family Health Centers
- Stride Community Health
- Summit Community Care Clinic
- Community Health Center, Inc.
- Kokua Kalihi Valley
- Erie Family Health Center
- HealthLinc, Inc.
- Centura Health
- Glacier Community Health Center
- Northwest CHC
March 2021 Cohort:
Minimum requirements to apply to NIMAA are:
- Proof of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent (an official translation by a qualified agency of a foreign transcript demonstrating U.S. HS diploma/GED equivalency is required)*
- Literacy in written and spoken English, with additional bilingual requirements at some externship sites
- Minimum age of 18 years old by the date of graduation
- Valid proof of identification
*If you have the required qualifications but do not have access to appropriate documentation due to extenuating circumstances, please contact NIMAA Admissions at [email protected] to discuss.
These are the steps in the application process:
- Complete the online NIMAA application. You don't have to finish it all at once. You will make an account and can save your progress as you go.
- Pay the non-refundable $25 application fee. Your application will not be considered until the fee is paid.
- Have a video interview with a NIMAA representative.
- Select applicants will participate in an externship interview or second interview with a NIMAA representative.
If you successfully complete the four steps above, your application will be submitted for review by the Admissions Committee. From there, you will either receive one of the following via email:
- Offer of admissions
- Offer of placement on the admissions waitlist
For our Fall 2021 cohort our timeline is as follows:
- Early Application Deadline: April 11
- Early Decisions Date: May 28
- Regular Application Deadline: May 30
- Regular Decisions Date: July 16
- Classes begin August 31, 2021!
Selection for the program is based on the NIMAA Admissions Committee’s review of all aspects of your application, including the following:
- Writing samples demonstrating a desire to pursue a career as a medical assistant
- An interview with a member of the NIMAA Admissions team
- An in-person interview with an official NIMAA externship organization partner
- A background check (see background check criteria here)
If you have been accepted to NIMAA, congratulations! The next step is to complete the enrollment process. You will be required to do the following:
- Formally accept your offer of admissions
- Sign the Enrollment Agreement, which is the contract between you and NIMAA
- Read and review the NIMAA Catalog and sign a Catalog Acknowledgement
- Sign a form consenting to NIMAA completing a background check and successfully pass that background check (see background check requirements here)
- Provide proof of required immunizations
- Provide proof of your high school diploma or GED
- Sign confidentiality agreements with both NIMAA and your assigned externship organization
- Plan for how you will pay for the program and make your payment installments according to the published payment schedule